Meeting reminder

Randy Rathbun randy at middlewest.com
Tue Feb 15 19:18:37 CST 2000

I second that, Tony. I too live in Independence and can say from first
hand experience that a trip to Lawrence is as bad as a trip to Syndney,
Australia - my legs get cramped up just as bad.

I would love to see yet more LUGs form around town. The more places there are
to hang out and get information the better. If you make getting information out
to the masses as easy as possible then it just becomes that much more reason
for people to want to try this os - you open up all sorts of places they can
get answers and make their lives that much easier.

Oh yeah - one thing I really gotta say about the KCLUG meetings that I have
gone to - I love em. Why? Of all the computer/ham radio/astronomy/etc meetings
I have ever attended, it is very refreshing to not have a formal agenda of any
sort. Better yet, there is no politicing. I can't even count the number of
times I have been turned off by a club because of politics getting in the way
of the business at hand: having fun. This is not a life and death situation.
The sun would still rise tomorrow if Linux went away, and Microsoft would still
have 65,000+ bugs in Win 2000. This is, after all, a hobby, and a really cool
one at that.

Randy