Meeting reminder

Tony Hammitt thammitt at kc.rr.com
Tue Feb 15 18:52:17 CST 2000

C'mon guys.  There's a _very_ good reason that I joined KCLUG and
not KULUA:  I don't want to drive to Lawrence.  I don't have time
in my schedule to add two hours to my travel time.  Think of the
people who live in Independence or further east, they'd have 3 hours
of driving for each meeting.

The Kansas City area Linux people _need_ KCLUG, which meets _in_
KC.  If we disbanded KCLUG and told everyone that they had to go
to Lawrence, no one would go.

Silicon valley has at least 5 LUGs because they need to split them
up.  The number of people in each one is large and travel times
there are ridiculously long.  Kansas City isn't so bad for travel
time, but that which we are not used to wasting becomes more
precious to us.

Enough.  Anyone is of course free to go to either or both groups.
But there is no way we should merge.  There is no reason to merge.

I vote against this.

Sincerely,

Tony Hammitt