Linux on a proliant 1500 Server

Jeffrey Watts watts at jayhawks.net
Mon Feb 7 07:55:55 CST 2000

On Sun, 6 Feb 2000, Daniel Curry wrote:

> This weekend I bought 3 proliant 1500 servers (dual Pentium 200) but
> they have no memory.  I have tried to use some spare SIMMs I had
> laying around, but an unable to get even video or a bios beeps.  Does
> anyone know what type of memory these systems used?  I plan on
> building a cluster with these and another dual processor system I
> have.  Thanks

I've asked this before, and I guess I'll have to ask it again.

PLEASE DO NOT CC OTHER MAILING LISTS.

CCing other mailing lists creates many problems.  I'm not going to go
into the details -- if you don't understand what they are, see any
netiquette or USENET FAQ.  This is called "velveeta", or sometimes "spam"
(though this usage is somewhat inappropriate).

I've BCCed the other mailing lists affected in order to ask them to avoid
CCing KULUA.  Sure, it's velveeta, but I don't want this to turn into a
freakin' thread.  At least the ignorant ones won't be able to hit "reply"
and get all four mailing lists.

I feel sometimes that I'm becoming a broken record.  Dave, I don't think
that there is anything in the FAQ about CCing -- can it be added?  Dave,
can you also make available to me a text copy of the FAQ?  I'm gonna spam
the list with it every month or so since people DON'T READ IT, and I don't
feel like reminding people.  I want there to be NO EXCUSES as to why
people don't get basic etiquette.

Sorry if it seems harsh, Daniel, but I sent an email out about this three
weeks ago.

We return now to your regular programming...
J.

o-----------------------------------o
| Jeffrey Watts                     |
| Systems Programmer         | "Anyone who says you can have a lot of    |
| Network Systems Management |  widely dispersed people hack away on a   |
| Sprint Communications      |  complicated piece of code and avoid      |
o----------------------------|  total anarchy has never managed a        |
                             |  software project."                       |
                             |  -- Andrew Tanenbaum                      |
                             |  Regarding Linux - USENET, 1992           |