big oops!

Uncle Jim jim at jimani.com
Wed Dec 20 08:15:40 CST 2000

Mike,

> My logrotate.conf does indeed have the "include /etc/logrotate.d" but there
> isn't anything pertaining to apache in there either.  Does apache automagically
> have its own log rotate program perhaps?

If you don't see anything in the /etc/logrotate.d directory that is causing
your log to rotate then I would think Gerald probably has the answer.

Somebody else CAN call logrotate with a different config file to cause just the
Apache logs to rotate (somebody like user httpd) but they would most likely
use cron to call logrotate.  Have you looked at all the crontabs (/etc/crontab
and /var/spool/cron/*)?  Can you tell anything from the timestamps on the
rotated log files?

Jim