website building

Randy Rathbun randy at randyrathbun.org
Mon Dec 11 03:35:13 CST 2000

I agree. PHP rocks. Big time. That is what I run astrodot.org and
quitequitefantastic.org on. Granted, I did not write the underlying code,
but this thing is just so simple to fix problems on it is not even funny.
Just now I fixed some errors that were causing web browsers to be
misnamed - it thought Konqueror was Netscape. Simple fix! And ya gotta
like dynamic web sites. They are just too cool.

But I disagree about designing. This is probably going to start a flame
war now :). Actually, I like the web page maker in Star Office. Another
good one to look at is Amaya from www.w3c.org. Both of those do a nice
job, though they can be a total pain to use at times. When I am in a real
hurry I boot my laptop into Windows and run Macromedia Dreamweaver, which
is the best WYSIWYG page creator out there, imnsho. Hopefully this new
version of wine will fix my "have to use windows" thing and just let me
run DW from Linux.

Randy Rathbun                            randy at randyrathbun.org
http://astrodot.org - 100% Amateur Astronomy. No preservatives.
http://randyrathbun.org          http://quitequitefantastic.org
I refuse to participate in HackSDMI.
 See http://www.eff.org/pub/EFF/Newsletters/EFFector/current.html

A man goes to a psychiatrist. The doctor says "You're crazy" The man says
"I want a second opinion!" "Okay, you're ugly too."
     -Henny Youngman