Tux Image Revisited

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Sun Dec 10 21:15:00 CST 2000

On Sat, 09 Dec 2000 23:47:43 -0600 Gene and Amy Dascher
<gdascher at home.com> writes:
> OK, what kind of texture are you talking about?  I know that we want
> make this look good, but the feet themselves aren't lifelike
> penguin
> feet.  Give me an idea of what you are thinking of, and I'll see
> what I
> can do.

  I used the wrong word.  Not "texture", but... shape, as in not flat.
When I started trying to do a rendered Tux, I used as my model one of
those little stuffed fellows.  It's the only 3d model I have, and the
only thing other than the canonical picture I started this mess with,
that is fairly universally recognized as being Tux, rather than some
other penguin.  Anyway, the individual toes have a depth to them, not
unlike the bones that give our feet their shape.

  Here's one I was working on, to facilitate the animation bit. In this
case I'm doing a play on the SouthPark character Eric Cartman's stock
phrase "I'm not fat, I'm big-boned".  Anyway, it isn't really ready for
prime-time because of the thinness of the cap, and lack of detailed
texture (and this time I really mean "texture"), but you can see from the
top of the feet that there's a shape to them, which is repeated on the
bottoms as well.

http://www.kcinter.net/~monster/tuxkc/

The povray description for the branding iron is straight outta the
original rendering I did to tweak the "stock" tux.
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.