Windows 2000 Active directory

Edgar Allen era at sky.net
Thu Aug 24 15:55:30 CDT 2000

mike neuliep writes:

>Thoughts and opinions?

Sometimes lots of little machines won't do the job.  M$ can't play
in that arena but Unix/Linux can.  How open to interoperating is
Active Directory ?

How soon till we see an AD samba equivalent by reverse engineering the
protocol ?

What will the reaction be to W2K not supporting Itanium till 2001 ?

What PHB won't be able to see Linux playing at the edges of BigIron
when M$ is trying to force their S/390 to be subservient to the
multiple M$ AD boxes means they are trying to capture another monopoly ?

How long till AD and .NET are added to the list of monopolization
attempts ?

How much chaos do you see when M$ has to adhere to the anti-trust
remedies ?

I think the Supreme Court will let the Appeals court have a chance to
explain that they had no intent to overturn The Sherman Anti-Trust Act.

Saying "We intend to keep on innovating" and "This means we can
integrate a ham sandwich if we want" tends to make the Appeals judges
look like pushovers.  M$ attempting to commit another felony while
appealling a conviction on that same felony tends to make judges look
like fools, which makes them far less leinient.

Mike, I think you punched one of my Hot buttons.  Sorry, I needed to vent.

			Ed Allen