video card recommendations wanted

Brian Densmore bjdensmr at epsi.net
Thu Aug 24 04:09:32 CDT 2000

Scott,

 I have used Stealth cards and currently use a SiS 3D Pro AGP in my
primary machine (excellent card - except Caldera's graphical install hates
it). I generally shoot for less than $50 per video card, I don't have the need
for all the fancy cards. You might want to take a look at the video card
database for Ideas too, I really haven't had any problems with any of the low
end cards that I generally buy. The memory is important though get as much as
you can afford in your bracket, it'll pay off in X.

Brian Densmore

   On Wed, 23 Aug
2000, you wrote: > I'm building a custom Linux box from the ground up for home
use. I'll be using > this box ALMOST exclusively for surfing the web. I'm just
wanting to see what > video card everyone recommends that I should get. I don't
need anything > fancy as I don't play games or do multimedia apps. I'm guessing
I can get away > with a simple video card with 16MB or less. The only heavy
visual task's I > ever do is some simple image editing from time to time, but
that's about all. > And naturally, the card should be 100% Linux compatible.
I'd like to spend > well under $75. >  > Any and all recommendations are
greatly appreciated! >  > Thanks in advance!