linux on a alpha

Thomas, Leonard ThomasLe at umkc.edu
Mon Aug 21 16:08:57 CDT 2000

I have the oppurtunity to get an old DEC Alpha 300X workstation.  It currently
is running VMS, but I would like to convert it over to Linux if possible.
We have been toying with the idea of a Linux cluster here and I thought
this might be a reasonable machine to put in the cluster.  It also has a nice
big
monitor that would be nice for some of our other applications.
My question is is it feasible to install Linux on this machine and if so
is it worth it.  The price of the machine is free.

Len Thomas