Linux HTML editors

Gerald Combs gerald at zing.org
Mon Aug 21 15:41:52 CDT 2000

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Forrest Dickinson wrote:

> Are there any good graphical HTML editors out there for linux?  I would
> like to find something like Dreamweaver or Netobjects Fusion.  Im sure
> that a lot of people would recommend emacs or vi, but I am just to lazy
> for them.

Netscape Communicator for Linux has a basic WYSIWYG HTML editor (select
Communicator->Composer from the menu).  Searching for "html editor" on
www.freshmeat.net turns up a pile of entries, but I'm not familiar with
any of them.

I tend to do most of my HTML editing with NEdit (www.nedit.org).  It's not
WYSIWYG, but it kicks butt in other areas that I think are important
(syntax highlighting, macros, search/replace, etc.)