Software modems

Monty J. Harder dmonster at juno.com
Sat Aug 19 01:32:14 CDT 2000

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:22:28 -0500 Forrest Dickinson
<fdickinson at morganhunter.com> writes:

> V.Everything, the modem will still "hang" and power cycling the
> modem is the only solution.  With an external modem you just power
> cycle the modem, with an internal modem you have to reboot your
> system.

  And sometimes, it even requires a powerdown/cold-boot, not just a reset
hard boot or software reboot.  Just now, in fact, to retrieve this mail,
I had to reset my external modem.  Nice to be able to do that, and The
Bride of Monster and both Monsterettes know how to do this when they have
trouble.
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.