Software modems

Walter Dunz Zscoundrel at netscape.net
Fri Aug 18 19:43:46 CDT 2000

Hal, I LOVED the Station wagon full of CD's analogy!

I am surprised that someone hasn't written a linux driver for the software
modems.  The Linux OS would be a natural for this technology!  It would handle
it much better than 'doze.

I would not necesarily want one because I much prefer an external.  But that's
a product of too many lockups that kept the BBS down all night!  I was REALY
happy to see that the cable modem was extrenal and has lights.