Mail List Rules/Etiquette

Carl Mayer cmayer at revbiz.com
Sun Apr 16 20:44:06 CDT 2000

Over the past six months or so, I would estimate that approximately 80% of
the mail I get from the KCLUG list is about someone's opinion about SPAM, a
comment about Microsoft Front Page (or other product), a story about why
someone posted that they had been using an ISP for x years rather than x-1
years, and other items that may be of a great deal of interest to the two or
three people conducting a conversation but are nothing but Inbox clutter for
the rest of us.

I would like to ask that we use some judgment and etiquette on this list.
If you want to trade jabs about a subject, feel free but please do it
directly to the individual, not to the whole list.  I am very interested in
the latest Linux news, products and other interesting items pertaining
directly to Linux.  I really don't get frustrated when one off-subject item
comes in.  But these multi-email exchanges about personal items have me very
close to unsubscribing from the list and I am not alone on this.

Thanks for understanding.  See ya.

Carl Mayer
RBC Incorporated
http://www.revbiz.com