libjpeg.so.x

michael d hoskins michael.d.hoskins at mail.sprint.com
Fri Apr 14 15:25:16 CDT 2000

I'm using RedHat 6.2, since I just upgraded, but I have the following in
/usr/lib:
libjpeg.a
libjpeg.la
libjpeg.so -> libjpeg.so.62.0.0
libjpeg.so.62 -> libjpeg.so.62.0.0
libjpeg.so.62.0.0

Also, I tried this in RedHat 6.2:
rpm -q -a | grep libjpeg

That shows that I have these packages installed:
libjpeg-6b-10
libjpeg-devel-6b-10

I'd recommend you to go back to your install media (assuming /mnt/cdrom)
and do the following:
rpm -Uvh /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/libjpeg-6*.rpm
rpm -Uvh /mnt/cdrom/RedHat/RPMS/libjpeg-devel-6*.rpm
(You might have different directories, and you might want to
replace -Uvh with -i)

Something cool to do afterward is to run ldd on your binaries.  For
example, try this:
ldd /bin/cat
ldd /lib/libc.so.6
(This shows libraries called from any "dynamic" executable --
those that call shared libraries.  Try man ldd.  Any shared library
dependencies are shown.)