HD Redo

Burt Humburg bhumburg at kumc.edu
Mon Apr 3 00:42:22 CDT 2000

Stupid Windoze box! Long story short, by reinstalling some CD ROM software
from a disk supplied with my computer, I have screwed up the drivers in
Windows such that it won't recognize my CDROM, 3.5 floppy, or ZIP disk
drives.

The problem is that, in trying to reinstall the system, I couldn't get past
the multiple partitions thing. So, I deleted my Linux partition. Wouldn't be
a problem except that I deleted the partition before I deactivated
BootMagic. So, now I have a boot manager requesting me to rerun BM setup.
Unfortunately, BM setup won't work until it has the old Linux partition to
work from again, and the limited version of BM can't handle anything other
than a fresh CD-ROM install.

Can anyone show me how to get past the startup screen that says, "BootMagic
image file cannot be found. Please rerun BootMagic setup?"? If this were
something simple like an autoexec.bat or config.sys line that needs to be
"commented out", I probably could have handled it.

Or, do I need to reformat my HD?

BCH