When and where do we have our next meetin????

jean-bernard.rambaud at us.arthurandersen.com jean-bernard.rambaud at us.arthurandersen.com
Mon Aug 30 19:38:54 CDT 1999

To:   kclug at kclug.org
cc:     (bcc: Jean-Bernard Rambaud)
From: ripcrd6 at worldinter.net
Subject:  kclug - Tip for Netscape users in RH 6.0

Found this buried in a Linux World article.   I know some of you guys are
using RH 6.0 so I thought I would share it w/ you.
Brian
"My God, it's full of penguins!"
Best technical tip
Have you had problems with Netscape crashing when you access Java sites
since you loaded Red Hat 6.0? The problem is that Java is trying to access
a font that isn't in the font path.

Use chkfontpath (it lives in /usr/sbin) to list your current font path
entries, as follows:

chkfontpath --list

You should find in the output a scaled version of 75 dpi fonts, which shows
up as: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi:unscaled.

Now add the missing 75 dpi fonts by entering:

chkfontpath --add /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi

Now you can enable Java again in Netscape (Edit|Preferences|Advanced) and
you're good to go to places like www.javalobby.com.

Thanks to Monty in the Red Hat booth for this one!

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If you
the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent
to Internet email for messages of this kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my
firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.