I just found out about pogolinux and their free Fedora giveaway for LUGs: http://www.pogolinux.com/systems/linuxcd.html Someone lese has already seen this, right? Free CDs from Canonical and free CDs from pogo means a whole lot less time buring copies for giveaways. Jon.
I've not attended a meeting but have been following threads in this list. The link doesn't indicate if there is a limitiation of the number of members who can request these. I am working with Ubuntu recently, and they offer FREE up to 30 CD's for anyone that requests them. I will be receiving these when they ship next week. I trust this reply will be available to the whole list. On 10/5/05, Jon Pruente < jdpruente@gmail.com> wrote:
I just found out about pogolinux and their free Fedora giveaway for LUGs: http://www.pogolinux.com/systems/linuxcd.html Someone lese has already seen this, right? Free CDs from Canonical and free CDs from pogo means a whole lot less time buring copies for giveaways.
Jon.
_______________________________________________ Kclug mailing list Kclug@kclug.org http://kclug.org/mailman/listinfo/kclug
Ubuntu == Canonical (in a sense) On 10/5/05, pip the mighty squeak <kckman@gmail.com> wrote:
I've not attended a meeting but have been following threads in this list. The link doesn't indicate if there is a limitiation of the number of members who can request these.
I am working with Ubuntu recently, and they offer FREE up to 30 CD's for anyone that requests them. I will be receiving these when they ship next week.
I trust this reply will be available to the whole list.
On 10/5/05, Jon Pruente < jdpruente@gmail.com> wrote:
I just found out about pogolinux and their free Fedora giveaway for LUGs: http://www.pogolinux.com/systems/linuxcd.html Someone lese has already seen this, right? Free CDs from Canonical and free CDs from pogo means a whole lot less time buring copies for giveaways.
Jon.
_______________________________________________ Kclug mailing list Kclug@kclug.org http://kclug.org/mailman/listinfo/kclug
_______________________________________________ Kclug mailing list Kclug@kclug.org http://kclug.org/mailman/listinfo/kclug
There is the small matter of giveaway CDs from other companies not having the KCLUG logo or website on them. Perhaps a lot of jewel cases, printed with KCLUG info, for the giveaway CDs? --- Jon Pruente <jdpruente@gmail.com> wrote:
I just found out about pogolinux and their free Fedora giveaway for LUGs: http://www.pogolinux.com/systems/linuxcd.html Someone lese has already seen this, right? Free CDs from Canonical and free CDs from pogo means a whole lot less time buring copies for giveaways.
Jon.
__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com
or just stickers. On 10/6/05, Leo Mauler <webgiant@yahoo.com> wrote:
There is the small matter of giveaway CDs from other companies not having the KCLUG logo or website on them. Perhaps a lot of jewel cases, printed with KCLUG info, for the giveaway CDs? -- David L Nicol "You aren't being graded on how many you respond to." -- joe
Or just stickers. Or we could print up a bunch of info on those blank CD sleeves. The Ubuntu CDs don't have a lot of room on them for stickers. --- David Nicol <davidnicol@gmail.com> wrote:
or just stickers.
On 10/6/05, Leo Mauler <webgiant@yahoo.com> wrote:
There is the small matter of giveaway CDs from other companies not having the KCLUG logo or website on them. Perhaps a lot of jewel cases, printed with KCLUG info, for the giveaway CDs?
__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail - PC Magazine Editors' Choice 2005 http://mail.yahoo.com
--- "Monty J. Harder" <mjharder@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/6/05, Leo Mauler <webgiant@yahoo.com> wrote:
Or just stickers. Or we could print up a bunch of info on those blank CD sleeves.
Or just do separate 8.5x11 sheets with info. That's the cheapest way to print.
True enough, though I personally like the idea of having the information inextricably linked to the free CDs. 8.5X11 sheets of paper have a way of getting separated from their CDs, even in a bag. If I hadn't already shelled out a couple of bucks for 100 cheap 2"x4" mailing labels, I'd agree that 8.5x11 is the cheapest way to print. :) __________________________________ Start your day with Yahoo! - Make it your home page! http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
participants (5)
-
David Nicol -
Jon Pruente -
Leo Mauler -
Monty J. Harder -
pip the mighty squeak