Ubuntu 9.04 with file issues Cross posted by intent- we're supposed to compare notes on such problems - I hope.

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 09:32:39 CDT 2010

Dude, you're insane.

"Fsck -y" is like having unprotected sex with the entire adult entertainment industry.

Please, anyone paying attention to this thread do not run "fsck -y". That is just flat out dangerous, and could really screw up your fs. Seriously, why did they ever add that option? In fact, I'd recommend everyone download the source and disable that sick bit of code and recompile. this is an absolute total last resort option, before doing a complete wipe of the filesystem. I would never run this option. But that's just me.

Brian