Mid-America GNU/Linux Networkers Conference

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 11:20:11 CDT 2010

Maybe, I'm confused, but I would have thought Kansas City is more centrally located for Mid-America than St. Louis. I consider St. Louis, the eastern most point of Mid-America, with everything east of it being part of the Eastern US. I don't know maybe it's like "New Math", this is the New Geography". Or maybe, I've been too influenced over the years by Groklaw and by Microsoft's FUD and obfuscation., and I've become overly cynical and technical. Although, I have noticed, since moving to Missouri a general tendency of KC - St. Louis rivalry, like two brothers constantly punching each other in the arm harder and harder and neither one flinching.

Still, it's a Linux event, and I'm definitely interested, since it could be easily and affordable reached (relatively speaking).