Need some help on AV, specifically, using my monitor as a TV

James Ownby jamesownby at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 20:22:29 CDT 2008

IIRC, a tv tuner will do fine. Be sure to avoid the PVRs though, which do
have the delay in the signal. For a PVR, which is not what you want,
hardware compression is preferred vs software. In addition, the delay that
is noticed with a PVR, if I am not mistaken...it's been some time since I've
researched this, is due to the technology which allows you to
fastforward/rewind the video, hence you are not viewing the feed/stream in
realtime.