Request for Comments: Keeping the OS and Data on phsyically seperated drives

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:56:24 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 2:43 PM, Oren Beck <orenbeck at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I'd like to think KCLUG  could do better..

Oren, I'm getting tired of all of these little proposals.  KCLUG
is a lot of things to a lot of people, but it is not, and I realize I
am taking on a tone I don't like to see, a linux distribution and
promotion company with resources to allocate to product
concepts.

Why don't you take the time to research and implement one or
two of the ideas you have?  This applies to the "make it didn't
happen" multi-session backup liveCD you've been talking about for
years as much as your new HA proposals.

I would like to see a change in tone from "Here's yet another
daydream I just had that I would like to share" to "While I was
working on project P, which I have started, I got stuck on not
being able to framulate the frizblishizbit with full frastulation --
how do I enable full frastulation in a partially framulated frizblishizbit?"

Then, the helpful and experienced framulators of frizblishizbits will
cheerfully de-lurk and share their stories, and everyone is happy.

Can you do that for us?

I'd like to think that Oren Beck can do better.

--
bringing useful insights from Computer Science to the larger world