Does Linux have a CMOS Setup Application, possibly from a LiveCD?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 1 09:23:56 CDT 2008

--- Jeffrey Watts <jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any reason that you can't just go to Surplus
> Exchange (or eBay, or Craigslist) and spend
> $5-10 to get a new motherboard?

Not having the $5-$10 to spare is most of it right
now.  Maybe after I get that "financial stimulus"
check from the I.R.S.

Not wanting to waste a whole working PC just because
the PS/2 ports are shot is still part of it though.
Surplus Exchange won't even consider taking it for
free, meaning its going to cost money to get it
recycled, and sneaking it into a landfill is just
right out.

However, there is still that part of me that says
"onboard ports eventually wear out, so *this will
happen again*", so I have an interest in seeing if
there's a "no-solder" option for recovering from bad
onboard motherboard ports.