WTB: DDR RAM and a Socket 478 mobo

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 01:53:23 CST 2006

So far so good.  Installed and updated Ubuntu 6.10 on a 40GB Seagate
'cuda, installed the Ubuntu supplied nVidia binary drivers for the
GeForce4 MX 440 8x AGP card.  Everything has come off nicely, except
for me playing with BIOS tweaks and having to clear the CMOS to get
the system to come back up.  For a piecemeal system it's pretty
smooth.  Slune runs at about 35FPS, PPRacer runs between 35-50FPS.  I
haven't installed Nexuiz yet, as I don't play it, but I'm sure it'll
runs very smooth as a test program compared to my old P3 machine.  The
'cuda runs nice and quiet, but I need to kill some noise from the case
fan.  Ack.

Jon.