WTB: DDR RAM and a Socket 478 mobo

Jon Pruente jdpruente at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 20:40:49 CST 2006

That's a nice Wiki, thanks for the link.  It's main role is more
desktop oriented, thus why it runs XP.  I've watched the Activity
Monitor while the virus scanner ran and it tended to eat memory up to
about 300MB running just that.  When I launched an app it went to
380MB+.  For their uses (accounting, word processing) the main problem
is the lag while parts are swapped in and out during a scan and trying
to launch apps and open files.  I think going to 512MB is the most
cost effective way to reduce the lag.  I've set the active scan to
happen at night, but there's still the resident scanner going at all
times.  It is a broadband connected XP machine, after all...

Jon.