Linux / Sco Stuff.

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 15:45:55 CST 2006

> > I have NEVER seen a 486 with USB ports.

first generation USB happened before ISA went completely out of fashion,
so ISA USB cards may exist in such places as Oren's barn. (i think)

>  Thus drive removal is a viable method. And pinout not being mentioned
> aside- there are adapting plugs/cables out there and should be trivial to
> find.

we still have the "but then what" question, which is, what FS does SCO use,
and what partitioning scheme, and so on.  If you attach the drive in question
to the SCSI bus of a machine with a knoppix 4.0 CD in the cupholder
and power cycle, will it automount?  Alternately, if you attach a SCSI CD reader
to this machine, can you boot from it?  I think I have one of those
sitting around
gathering dust at this time.

--
perl -le'1while(1x++$_)=~/^(11+)\1+$/||print'