Linux / Sco Stuff.

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 15:34:00 CST 2006

On 12/8/06, Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO <brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov>
wrote:

>  I have NEVER seen a 486 with USB ports.  I imagine if you had one with a
> PCI port, you could add a USB  PCI Card.   That adapter you sent a link to
> is for what looks like 68-pin SCSI, and his drive is probably DB25 or 50-pin
> or lord knows what else at that age.  It's a 328MB SCSI drive.  I don't know
> if I've even seen a SCSI drive at less than 1 or 2 GB and still knew what it
> was.   We're talking ancient freakin history here.  A&E dug up a mate to
> this baby next to the Sphinx.

MY reading of the Original Post was in concept to "Get the data onto a Linux
box"

Thus drive removal is a viable method. And pinout not being mentioned aside-
there are adapting plugs/cables out there and should be trivial to find.

Oren

MY reading of the Original Post was "get the data onto a Linux box"