CenturyTel -- anti Linux

Zscoundrel Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Tue Jun 28 07:37:42 CDT 2005

I actually have had similar problems with Road Runner.  They act as if
they are forbidden by contractual obligations to support Linux.

I used to have to go through a lot of crap to disconnect my home network
and connect just the windoze machine to type in one or two commands.
Once I figured out what the equivalent Linux commands are, I just enter
those instead.  Once we get past this part of the support script, they
know the problem is theirs and they fix the problem.

Keep an old winblows machine around for just these situations.  When it
doesn't connect, you can (with a slightly taunting sneer in your voice)
point out that the problem IS on their end and you would be very pleased
if they could fix it ASAP!

Dealing with other peoples stupidity is never fun, but that is part of
the price we pay to have better software on our machines.