Lycoris and Mandrake

Josh Charles josh.charles at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 22:17:41 CDT 2005

Saw an interesting bit of news today:

It seems Mandriva (formerly Mandrake) has bought out Lycoris.  I know
most of you probably haven't paid much attention to Lycoris, but it
was my first distro, and I've always paid a bit of attention to it to
see where it was going.  They had some interesting ideas, but always
seemed to bite off more than they could chew (Tablet PC edition,
Pocket PC edition, SME Server, the list goes on), but hopefully
working with Mandrake will really move things along.

They could become a real force in the desktop linux market.

Josh