Knoppix question

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Dec 30 14:30:56 CST 2004

Define "real rescue disk".  If your drive is fubared and swap part. is damaged, then it won't mount it.  If you have a Winders PC and no swap, it won't detect or use one.  Where's the problem in that?  If you want to repartition or use some bit level recovery tools, use noswap.  If the FAT is damaged, then you couldn't use the swap and it wouldn't be detected.

For the average user, with Winders only, no special attention is req'd.

Brian Kelsay

>>> Leo Mauler <> 12/30/04 02:18PM >>>
So to use it as a real rescue disk, you have to use
the "noswap" KNOPPIX cheat code at the boot prompt.