Linux PVR

Adrian Gordinier adrian at gordinier.net
Thu Dec 23 23:25:24 CST 2004

On Thursday 23 December 2004 12:22 pm, Brad wrote:
> --
>
> I have a MythTV box about 90% functional.  I am just working through
> getting the IR receiver and serial port control of my cable box going.
> MyhtTV is a really nice setup.  I built it on Fedora Core 3 and followed
> Jarod Wilson's guide at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php.  Let me
> know if you need more information.
>
> Brad

I too am using the same website guide but I picked up two WinTV Go Cards
because everywhere I read it seemed like those were good ones to use but I
can't get the tuners to work. They are using the bt878 chip. Anybody have any
luck with them. If there is an easier card maybe I can ebay them. I had
started out with one of the pvr's some new one pvr100 or pvr150 I got at
Microcenter. It also had couldn't get the tuner to work and it also as i read
wouldn't do closed captioning. I have had better luck on linux with my old
ati all-in-wonder as far as tuners go but you can't use it with myth i
believe.

Adrian