donating hardware to that daycare - update

Oren Beck oren_beck at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 18 17:16:50 CST 2004

Sorry if this seems redundant .- my files from the last attempt went up
in electrons when
Starband crashed- /me learned lesson and has offline backups of mail NOW -
and we have new members since the last time I tried this -
SO consider the rest of this as both second attempt and to the
newcomer's a new project -
thanks in advance !

  Recently I attempted to organize collecting about 4- 6 systems for a
not-for-profit daycare center .
The person involved with it is a close friend of my family AND this is
an opportunity to get the little
ones exposed <infected>  with Open Source  systems in their mundane
lives . Thinking of having the
Penguin familiar to preschoolers !  SO any one wishing to transfer about
half to 3/4 of a Geo Metro
  load of workable for preschoolers if we load Linux on it stuff ? Call
me voice at 816-632-5710 or
  leave mail to coordinate this - I'd love to make this  a xmas gift!

An installfest may be premature ? concept is making these boxes be
appliance operator Linux-
Xandros seems a bit heavy footed or any suggestions ?
The desired result is a " plug it in and use it " experience .

MANY of the staff at this daycare have ZERO windows learning to unlearn
so we have "fresh meat"

Can we make anything of this project ?

Oren