Startup niggles (Mdk10.1/KDE)

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Dec 17 10:38:25 CST 2004

Two little things are bugging me:

I took my SMB mounts out of automount and put them in /etc/fstab, and they've
been mounting just fine until recently.  Some update of samba or something
means they no-longer mount at start-up, I have to do a "mount -a" to get
them.
fstab entries are:
//mercury/iso /mercury/iso smbfs
credentials=/etc/samba/auth.mercury.apollo,fmask=777,dmask=777 0 0

In KDE, I had knotes running as an applet in the system tray, but I
accidentally quit it and now I can't get it back.  I can get an application
button that launches kontact in notes mode, but not the knotes hot button.

(MDK10.1, KDE3.2.3.mdk)