Ticket System [OT]

Patrick M pert at tas-kc.com
Fri Dec 17 08:39:27 CST 2004

Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> <>Patric, you give some details on things like how you want buttons to
> respond,
> but no overview on what you're tracking.
>
> You say you have 400 clients and are tracking "system problems" and
> "customer
> complaints".
>
> <>What service are you providing? Are you supporting a software
> product? Are
> you the help desk for a corporation, handling all support for diverse
> departments?

At this time we are handling our own problems. We provide phone services
like voice mail voice mail and/or customer service.
Who knows where we will go with this in the future.

> <>If you're providing general hardware support, how common is the
> hardware
> platform you're supporting?

no not really hardware support, just how to use voice mail. or how to
forward the phone, or service complaints

>If you're supporting software, are you responsible for the entire software
>install on numerous PC's, or only the performance of one application?
>
>Do "customer complaints" involve system problems, ordering problems,
>unsatisfactory merchandise, unsatisfactory service or support?

Its not real/hard asset based, but rather client based the issues would
be along the line of service, account changes, or some support. When you
ask this I start thinking of more things that we would be able to
migrate to the system, and how rather than just using it a little we
would use it a lot.

Most of the issues would be. I would like to change my voice mail
greeting, or the CSR got a wrong phone/credit card number. They were
rude, etc. Phone is not rolling over properly (this one could be a help
desk type of system.)

Currently we have a computer system that we would still be using with
the help desk system. Our system provides cards in a menu for short bits
of information i.e. how to forward your phone, how to blah.

>What do you hope to get OUT of the tracking system?  Do you just need to have
>opened and closed dates for tickets?  Do you need to have a routing system to
>assign them to appropriate technicians and departments?  Are you hoping to
>mine the data for common problems to allow you to pool solutions rather than
>rediscover them each time a problem occurs?

-Produce a ticket number
-Display Highest priority problems up prominently
-Be able to add message information
-Emailing to the client is not necessary, and it would almost be easier
to use a phone number since most of our clients contact us via the phone.
-Make sure tickets don't sit there a long time without being addressed
(one business day it needs to be assigned and at least one note added)
or it goes to the top of the list.
-email a report of calls: new, outstanding, high priority/ignored, etc.
-page urgent calls (any call upon request)
-We don't get too many calls that would be 'rediscover', it would mostly
be music on hold not working. Or static on the line have a tech look at it.

>You could knock a basic ticket database together in about fifteen minutes with
>MySQL and PHP.

I was debating this, but figured it would be "too basic"