Secondary Slave

Brian Kelsay Brian.Kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Dec 10 11:34:00 CST 2004

Some of the basic soundblaster cards have multiple inputs, all SB Live! cards do.  Most motherboards w/ on-board sound have more than one input also.  They started adding the extra ports for PC telephony, you know hook your modem to the sound card.  When people started getting CDRWs and DVD drives, the inputs grew from 2 to 3.  My SB Live has 3-4 on it.  You can get them for $20-30 now.

Brian Kelsay

>>> "Brian Densmore" <DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com> 12/10/04 11:24AM >>>
Yep, that's what my current configuration is.

PM : HD
SM : CDRW  w/o speaker hookup
SS : CD/DVDROM w/speaker hookup

Now if I only knew how to connect the speakers in such a way
as to be able to let either one use the speakers.
I of course could always do some fancy custom wiring to
either put them in parallel or series, but then either the
current might be off or the voltage, unless I added them to a
custom board, etc. Another possibility is to rewire one to
fit one of the alternate connectors on the SB.