RPMs and Debs creation

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Dec 8 16:44:44 CST 2004

I didn't check out the docs on this, but the description in Jim's
email seems to indicate it actually runs the dpkg/rpm commands
also. So I would say it is watching the make install and then
doing a .deb/rpm install telling it to only update the installed
list. This looks like a very useful tool for persons not familiar
with or too lazy to build a deb or rpm. By actually updating the
installed software list once the package is installed it can now
be safely and easily removed and reinstalled at ease.

> All this stemmed from the desire to create a .deb for Kiso
> and a few other programs that are only avail as source or
> .rpm, or the occasional  mdk rpm.

I'd be willing to make .debs for any app anyone on the list wants to
see a .deb for.

Brian Densmore