the venerable 2.0 kernel series

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Mon Dec 6 12:55:17 CST 2004

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 09:55:29AM -0600, Brian Densmore wrote:
> So the 2.6 kernel source is almost six times larger in *compressed* size.
> This is inclusive of *official* modules. I couldn't find any comparison of
> the compiled size of the kernels.

Compile size depends on the options, of course.

The 2.6 kernel has an option CONFIG_SHMEM_TINY which strips out some
features that you wouldn't want on an embedded application.  This might
apply to the original poster.

You can get Linux to run on just about anything.  It just depends on how
much time you'd like to spend on it. =)

Jeremy