the venerable 2.0 kernel series

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 20:17:08 CST 2004

one review claimed that the 2.6 series is slower on old hardware.

I guess I'll set up old-style ext2 on the box in question and make
up some benchmarks.  Keeping open file descriptors below 256 should
not be that tough of a constraint, or I'll expand it... maybe not...

BSD 5.3 did not get along well at all with the 3c509 on the box in question,
perhaps BSD 4 or earlier would.