TV-OUT on laptop causes major damage, fire / shock

Duane Attaway dattawaykclug at dattaway.org
Fri Dec 3 09:49:24 CST 2004

> 	I wonder why DELL is recalling 4.5 million power adaptors that
> "may overheat causing fire or electrical shock". That is an awful lot of
> units to replace with only seven incidents reported to them.

That's the ticket right there!  Something overheated and caused the
isolation from the mains to short to the DC side.  That's your fire and
electrical shock.

I have some really good bandwidth at newsguy.com.  They haven't enforced
the quota for me when getting a really good slashdotting.  So if you want
to STICK IT TO THE MAN and post some pictures, I would be honored to help!

It disturbs me greatly that Dell would deny all responsibility and blame
it on everything else but their own equipment.  Weasel bastards.  I bet
they want you to THANK THEM they would even take your call.  Put the
customer back in service and make them honor their commitment to their
customers.