TV-OUT on laptop causes major damage, fire / shock

Keith Savasten savasten at blitz-it.net
Fri Dec 3 09:19:59 CST 2004

>   I'm still in a state of panic/shock as to what just happened.  I
>will be researching legal options now, as my laptop warranty ended
>because the dell wouldn't let me renew because of a mix up, and other
>things that have built up (like sending it in for fan swap to have it
>come back not even turning it on),  now this.. a laptop I'm totally
>terrified of even turning on.

	I wonder why DELL is recalling 4.5 million power adaptors that "may
overheat causing fire or electrical shock". That is an awful lot of units to
replace with only seven incidents reported to them.

Keith Savasten

Consumer Product Safety Commission

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05004.html

The dell recall website: