Multiple desktop clients per kdm server

D. Joe kclug at etrumeus.com
Wed Dec 1 14:11:25 CST 2004

On Wed, Dec 01, 2004 at 11:11:47AM -0600, Jeremy Turner wrote:

> Jason replied back to me directly after my first reply and pointed out
> that some non-free X drivers might not support multiple X server
> instances, but looks like that doesn't affect your situation.  Maybe
> it'll help someone out someday in the archives.

I've got the nVidia drivers on a Debian woody system with kde2
configured for multiple desktops, and last I checked, it worked
OK.

FWIW, I discovered how to do this in much the same way as you
described, by following my nose through the files.  I may have
done some find'ing and some grep'ping, but in general I'd say
looking for related files in /etc is always a good place to
start.

--
Joe