Fighting a spam fire with a DDoS

James Sissel jamessissel at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 1 13:00:12 CST 2004

I heard about this from the register (www.theregister.co.uk) Monday and
download the software.  It's great.  As of this morning over 90,000 users
were hitting back at the spammers.  The idea is to make it too costly for
them to run their sites and they close up shop.  I don't see how this will
slow the web down in the long run.  If we could just close one of them down
the amount of spam that stops will more than offset the traffic caused by
this effort.