Multiple desktop clients per kdm server

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Dec 1 10:56:41 CST 2004

Yes, sorry about that.

Thanks Jeremy.

> In any case, docs regarding this stuff exist. On the web you can find
> very thorough GDM docs -- including some really interesting features
> that enable all kinds of interesting possibilities in behavior for X
> sessions. KDM's docs are online in KDE but they are rather
> threadbare at
> the moment. KDM is essentially an extension to XDM. XDM's docs are
> pretty good, too. You can find them in 'man xdm'.

Also I've read the man pages for kdm, X, X11R6, xinit,
XFree86, and probably a few others. I don't have the xdm
man pages because I don't have xdm. But Jeremy's hint
wasn't in any of them, there was something in the kdm
manpage, but it wasn't clear on what the syntax I needed was.
Or maybe I read it wrong. I do try to RFTM before asking questions,
and I am mostly successful in doing that. Hence since I didn't
find it in any of the man pages I "read" (some are quite long
and I confess to only skimming over them), I am asking where
the information was found. For future and further reading.

Thanks,
Brian