Need Help: Linux Client - Roadrunner Cable Modem - Sygate

Darrin Abend DABEND at kumc.edu
Fri Oct 22 16:42:18 CDT 1999

   I've set up a simple network that runs the Sygate NAT on a Window95 machine.  All my other
windows clients have no problem using the Sygate gateway for cable modem internet access.  However,
I can't get my Linux client DNS working properly.  KC-Roadrunner uses DHCP for the DNS server ip,
so it's not a static value that I can set for the nameserver in linux.  Following the sygate
instructions I set the nameserver & gateway as 192.168.0.1 on the client machine.  The Linux client
can ping the gateway and external numeric addresses, but I get 'Unknown Host' errors if I use a
name address.
   I've looked at every FAQ and web page that I can find on this and still no luck.  Has anyone set
up this combination and got it working?  Thanx in advance for any help.

Darrin