Win2k installation (not linux-related)

Randy Rathbun randy at middlewest.com
Wed Oct 13 15:49:25 CDT 1999

You are lucky. I wish I had had this much luck with Win2k.

I have a Microsoft USB keyboard and Logitech USB mouse. The system
would do its thing, then it said "I am going to detect your hardware".
Well, it did. Then after 20 minutes or so of installing, it comes up
with "Set your timezone and hit the next button."

Well, I moved the mouse. Nothing would move. I banged on the keyboard.
Nothing would bang. They are not turning USB back on! So, I was left
with an impossible to install OS sitting there wating for me to click
this or press that and I could not. I just rebooted it back to 98 and
did a format on that partition, then I grabbed OpenLinux and did that
install thing. Took me maybe 20 minutes from start to finish...
actually it took me like 40 minutes because I was in the middle of
playing Tetris on the OL install and did not want to mess up my game.

Oh yeah, and this was on the latest release candidate of W2K also.

On 10/12/99, 10:50:53 PM, Steven Holdener <sholdener at earthlink.net>
wrote regarding kclug - Win2k installation (not linux-related):

> Okay, so this is only on-topic in a sort-of-related kinda way...

> A friend of mine procured a Windows 2000 Professional CD and we
> attempted an installation this evening.  All I can say is that it's a
> good thing M$ hasn't released it yet.  A brief rundown:
<snip>