Xpra: GNU Screen for GUIs

Billy Croan Billy at croan.org
Tue Mar 15 17:09:20 CDT 2022

Anyone here use xpra and wouldn't mind showing it off at the library?
I've found a couple gui programs that I want to keep running all the
time, and I don't want to have a "server" running at home, nor keep my
laptop on 24x7.

So I want to run them on a remote server, and simply peek in on them
when I need to use them.  They need to continue executing when I'm not
looking though.  And I also don't want to have a Window locked in
another window like rdp or vnc would do.  I want full desktop
integration.

FreeNX was a nightmare last time I went down that rabbit hole, and
this time I found xpra and it looks like it might do the trick!