DOS prevention

Andrew Beals andrew.beals at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 15:01:39 CDT 2013

It his pipe is full, then he has bigger problems than that which J. Random
Unix Jock can explain over a mass e-mail.  Especially when yum knows not of
fail2ban.

Serving 404 pages to script kiddies shouldn't Bork a server. It shouldn't
even put an appreciable load on it. Script kiddies are here to stay, thanks
to the fringe members of the "information should be free" crowd.  (Just as
an example, there appear to be about 1.6k copies of The Anarchist Cookbook
out there, ready for downloading.)

Andy
Ps. There are too many kittens - please spay/neuter your pets.

Any typos are the direct result of Swiftkey X's autocorrect function.