[ArchChat] proposed: a Unix project

Oren Beck orenbeck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 13:39:03 CST 2012

This thread should be archived and perhaps even Data Mined for the
collection of "Sanity Savers" in it.

If challenged to list a single point? I'd have to make it a tie for two.
The two being reference to those "endorphin moments" and the
*grimoire*concept. The endorphin rush of getting the Zen inherent in
.nix realms is
addictive. The *grimoire is that which increases those moments!*

I spent an inordinate time trying to retrocreate the missing  site
documentation/manuals for a recent contract. A contract  that would have
been effortless joy to have worked.  Had only my predecessor kept a "site
grimoire" chained to the server rack!

The comments about meaningful names and comment are not of  mere pain/joy
importance for all the code we write or systems we set up, Those concepts
are beyond mere ease of situation to the  "next person" working something.

 They're arguably a totally Pass or EPIC FAIL level importance. And the
"Why?" of it becomes of even more grim import,

Do every task as if you will be that "next person" working the aftermath.
As often, you will BE that next person.