KCLUG Digest, Vol 83, Issue 1

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 18:53:53 CDT 2011

Ubuntu is widely deployed.  But as wide as Apache?

Android is a Linux distro. Busybox is a program used by many "small" distros
to save on disk space by combining many commands into a single binary, which
will then perform the task appropriate to the name under which it is
invoked.  For distros that operate out of ramdisks, busybox may be stored on
the bootable media as "ln", which can then be used in init scripts to link
it to the other names by which it will be called.

http://www.busybox.net/FAQ.html#build_system