Anti-Virus

Nathan Cerny ncerny at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 14:03:56 CDT 2011

I ran Security Essentials for a few months until I got real virus
protection...it'll protect against anything known, but has no hueristics, so
it's not any good against new things.

If you are using the internet safely, and aren't using your systems
inappropriately (thus, probably wouldn't get a virus anyway), then it's
probably sufficient.  But if you want to protect against the accidental
click or getting files from shady sources, get NOD32.  It's relatively cheap
and well worth it.

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 1:55 PM, <jimsissel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> You said Microsoft and adequate in the same sentence.

Nathan Cerny

"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my
telephone. My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone."
--Bjarne Stroustrup, Danish computer scientist