4G Cards

Nathan Cerny ncerny at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 12:16:51 CST 2011

Most carriers won't allow unlimited data with tethering.  With unlimited
plans, they're sized to assume a maximum throughput that the phone can
provide.  Tethering drastically increases that throughput.

Yes, you can root your phone to get around it, but i don't think the
carriers will look kindly on that, and I'm pretty sure if you exceed the
maximums they'll notice.  So even though it's "unlimited," it's really not.

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Billy Crook <billycrook at gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing to point out.
>
> Even if you don't think android tethering is easy or fun, or whatever,
> it is the only way to use unlimited data, because if you adb tether,
> your carrier can not distinguish your computer's usage from your
> phone's, and at least with my carrier, Verizon, and my plan, it is
> actually unlimited.

Nathan Cerny